Motor swap

10

Asked by Oct 10, 2016 at 09:42 PM about the 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr S Sedan

Want to know if a 97 Buick 3.8 supercharged will fit
in a 95 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme SL 3.1?

Think about the 97 Buick has a different chassy design from the Olds Yes>? If the structure is the same (the chassy) well it will marry just fine,, but i doubt it,,, Motor mounts exhaust set will be different entirely... Example,,,, I have a 1995 pontiac grand prix 3.1 motor,,,I made the mistake and had one of the workers from the automotive shop next to my window tinting shop in Perris Riverside co. Vision,,auto glass n tint Order the 3.1 motor from a co. based out in Bakersfield shure they found the motor very commin but when delivered i found out it was from a 94 pontiac\ Grand am popular car the grand am same motor as the pontiac,, Not thinkihng well before mounting this motor i realized that i have to swap out and replace motor mount frnt back side mounts. The side face exast manifods air conditioning bracket,, alternator bracket..Well the block is the same and set up for transfer of these pieces.. If u have a 94 pontiac grandam motor and replacing it into a 95 pontiac grandprix exspect to spend a lot more time changing out motors to work,. In your case you might want to buy a transfer kit and buy a cutting tourch and mig tig arc welders... Good luck

Yes it will, and there's even a kit, complete with engine and trans. Here's the link: http://www.milzymotorsports.com/l67-swap-for-pre-gen-w-body-vehicles-95-99mc-lumina-88-96gp-etc/ It runs around $4000 for your Cutlass with your engine. I have the same drivetrain in my '96, and I'll be doing this swap myself in the very near future.