How do I remove my backseat?

165

Asked by Apr 04, 2012 at 11:27 PM about the 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr S Sedan

Im putting my sound system in this weekend in my 95 Cutlass Supreme 4dr and I dont know if my seat folds down or comes off completely. Can anybody help me with this problem???

4,335

The seat cushion comes out first. It is usually spring loaded and sometimes takes a bit of pressure to move it. Push straight back on it and then lift up at the front. You will be able to pull it up and out. Once out of the way you will see the bolts holding the seat back in place. If the seat cushion is not spring loaded there will be 2 bolts along the front just under the seat cushion where they are not visible. Once they are out the seat cushion will again pull free allowing you access to the seat back.

Best Answer Mark helpful
20

I put my car system on my 96 Oldsmobile cutless ciera I wanted to know is there a way I can put my back seat down

165

Mario, as far as I know it doesnt fold down but it does come out fairly easy. But the Ciera could be different

70

i cant open my doors on my 2 door 92 cutlass supreme, is there any way i can get in going thru the trunk?

165

I don't think you can get in without breaking the seat. But I could be wrong cause yours is little older than mine was

4,335

No, you can't get in through the trunk. Why won't the doors open? If you are simply locked out any towing company or locksmith can get you in without damaging anything. Or it there some other reason?

how can I remove the driving seat of cutlass supreme 94

4,335

Its very easy to do. There are 4 bolts at the four corners of the rails that the seat slides on. There are little plastic covers over them which need to be removed first with a Phillips screwdriver. Push the seat all the way back to get at the front ones and all the way forward to get at the back ones. Before lifting the seat out of the car tilt it forward or back and unplug the wires that are connected to it for the power controls. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.