How do I tell how rare a car is I want to sell

Asked by Aug 04, 2014 at 12:44 PM about the 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 Dr STD Convertible

My car I want to sell is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible with 56000
miles. It is white with tan top and tan leather interior. It is in near mint condition.

246,745

Rare? No, it's a '95 Olds. Not a desirable car to the masses. In the condition you are describing, you can expect it to be worth around $2300.

4,075

One way to tell is to check online and see how many similar cars are for sale and what they are going for. Check Craigslist, Kijiiji, E-bay and the cars for sale section right here on Cargurus. I have performed that search a number of times, including a Canada wide search of Kijiiji just last night. I found about 20 for sale across Canada. I'm sure a similar search across the US where convertibles are far more popular would show 300-400 for sale, so its not a rare car at all. They do seem to hold their value pretty well. Prices seem to range from about $3000-$5500 for nice clean ones like yours. They are luxury cars and look sharp which helps a lot. The relatively low mileage on yours is a plus although those in the know will know that a couple of fairly BIG repair bills are looming not too far down the road with this car. As far as it being mint, they all are. The demographic that bought them originally tended to look after them, keep them in garages and use them on nice days only, Hope this helps. There's lots more I could say, but I think you get the idea. Good luck with your sale.