I have a 94 olds cutlass supreme and each time I hit a bump, the right rear makes a clunking noise. Need help to out where the noise is coming from struts, shocks or something else?

5

Asked by Mar 08, 2015 at 09:11 AM about the 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr S Sedan

299,645

Hard for us to answer that without being in the car as you go over a bump. You have to get under the car to see what suspension component is damaged, worn or broken. You might even have something that rusted out. Also open the trunk and see if your jack and spare are secure or nothing else is banging around.

5

try jacking the rear end up evenly ,and slowly . If the left rear tire is still in contact with the ground and the right rear has already started to lift off ,than possibly your right rear shock is seized and if so i would replace both of them, just a suggestion, i just had the same problem with a 1997 cutlass

35

I had an obnoxious rattle in the right rear at every bump. I replaced struts and still had it (struts did need replacement due to poor ride, but did not correct the rattle). My mechanic put the car up on the hoist to look around and found the brake caliper had worn and wiggled on its connecting bolts at every bump. I replaced the brake caliper and had one quiet Cutlass supreme!

5

I got it fixed it was my L & R struts causing my problem.