need help 1994 oldsmobile cutlass supreme brakes ... parents car I bought them ...

Asked by Apr 10, 2011 at 04:34 AM about the 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr S Sedan

Bought on craigslist... Found rear lateral link was broke, leaf spring was smoked, rear calipers wacked, front drive shaft fffed up, struts smoked, bad drive axle and hub and bearing..... I fixed all this just to find that the guy removed the abs light and the brake light out of the dash.... I can't get any brake fluid to the rear calipers Don't know why... Been fighting this car for awhile and it is jacked!!! When I put all the lights back in the dash I seen I had problems all the way around... I need to fix the problem so they got back brakes... I can't even bleed them, Please help

5

best way to bleed is with 2 people. One person sits in car & turns on ignition. Second person is at RR caliper. Attach a clear plastic hose to the bleeder and place the other end in a glass jar with about 1/2" of brake fluid(DOT 3) in it. turn key on and have driver SLOWLY depress brake pedal about 3 or 4 ". open bleeder for no more than 15 seconds or untill there are no bubbles.Close bleeder before releasing the brake pedal. may have to do this 3 or 4 times. (maybe only once....just depends on the bubbles) keep a close eye on the brake fluid levels. once you are bubble free, move to LR. this method can use a a lot of brake fluid. Make sure you clean around the power unit cover before opening it. autozone has some good info

you also might want to consider purchasing speed bleeders for the car (especially if you plan on owning it a while)

motormite (dorman) makes them. they sell them at advance, pepboys, and autozone. pretty common knowledge.

something you dont have.