Starter prices

Asked by Dec 10, 2008 at 03:01 PM about the 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr S Sedan

What are the average prices for a starter for such?
I have been looking around I cannot find a decent price everything has core charges everything looks above $100 which I am unable to do at this current time financially.
Anyone know some good prices or have any up for sale?
Its a 1994.

175

Well I happen to have one in my basement, provided your car is equipped with a 3800 series one. id be persuaded to let it go for 50. i know it works, i just need the top of it. this one is cracked. motor itself is fine.

45

the best thing to do to avoid the core charge and ensure you get the right part is to take the old starter off and take it to the parts house. Around a hundred dollars is about right unfortunately. Which engine does it have? The 3.4 or the 3.1?

45

the 88 -97 cutlass supremes were never equipped with the 3800 engine. A terrible omission on GM's part if you ask me..lol