turn signals dont work on my 93 oldsmobile cutlass supreme hazards do

Asked by Apr 24, 2013 at 04:35 PM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr S Sedan

I already changed fuses and bulbs.

286,815

My bet it's the turn signal flasher. Your car uses one for the turn signals, one for the Hazards.

113,825

Locate your flasher for the turn signals and remove it, install a jumper wire in it's place, turn on ignition and then turn signal, if the light come on then it is the flasher, if not then it is your turn signal switch or a broken wire in the turn signal power circuit. Hope this helps.

4,875

And good luck finding that flasher. Hint: It's up under the dash to the right of the steering column, kind of half way between the steering column and the radio in a location barely accessible to the average human. Why some care designer thought that would be a good place for it is beyond me.

10

actually I am replacing mine right now and they are behind the glove box. Most commonly cars have them next to each other, to find them easier though you should turn the car off and put on your hazards and listen for the ticking sound. once you find the location start seeing if you can reach them without having to take apart your dash. good luck

30

Actually Shelby, are you talking about a 93 oldsmobile cutlass supreme? Because every mechanic I have talked to (3) and the gentleman describing the location above, say it is up under the dashboard, exactly where munron says it is. You must be talking about a different car.