my 1993 oldsmobile cutlass the hood will not open the release lever in the car has actually broke off and is just the cable how do i get it to open now please open to any ideas!?

10

Asked by Mar 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr S Sedan

75

Try to grab the release cable with a set of pliers.

10

yea I got a hold of the cable with my hand from underneath but had a tough time getting my little ass pliers up to grab it. Tomorrow when I borrow a much larger set of pliers I should be able to get a firm hold of it but one more question what direction to I pull push cable? Thank you very much for your help!

75

Pull the cable towards the drivers seat then the hood will pop up. No problem let me know if you have any other questions.

3,825

You might find a set of needle nosed vice grips will work better than pliers. You can lock them onto the cable and then all you have to do is focus on pulling.

i have the same problem except when i try to pull the cord the hood still dosent pop...its been sitting for a few years so its really stuck....any ideas on how to get it open from the outside?

3,825

Have a helper thump on the hood above the hood latch while you are pulling on the cable. The bit of vibration/movement created might be enough to work it loose.