dash electric gauges keep going off on cant see how fast im going or how much gas i have

Asked by Jan 29, 2015 at 06:27 AM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr International Sedan

How do I stop my dashboard screen to quit cutting out itll come on for a sec go back off
for a couple minutes sometimes almost the whole trip I'm guessing and it won't tell me
how much gas I have

It sounds like there may be a bad connection to the 12volts. I would recommend first looking at the fuse that supplies the 12 volts to the cluster. Inspect the fuse and verify it has good connection in the fuse block and that you are passing voltage through. If the problem persists it will probably be necessary to take out the gauge cluster and inspect connections. Make sure connections are free of corrosion and making good contact.