the car will not run when you put your foot on the gas it is like it is starving for gas

40

Asked by May 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM about the 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr SL Sedan

my 90 oldsmobile will run great sitting still but as soon you give it gas it will not run it misses and it's like it is starving for gas we have tried about everything we can think of

210,555

Could be any number of things, Throttle position sensor, vacuum leak, fuel injector issue, faulty/dirty throttle body.

40

put a pressure gage on the car and it keeps bottoming out it will not hold pressure

40

well replace the map sensor and the car holds pressure,but it stumbles when you give it gas

16,255

What pressure gauge? Fuel pressure? Vacuum pressure? Can you give more detail on what the gauge read?

40

it was fuel pressure gage,put a new map senor on it and now it holding it's fuel pressure but it has got hard to start

16,255

I havent heard of a map sensor affecting fuel pressure. Check your vacuum pressure.