Misfire

15

Asked by Feb 02, 2012 at 05:10 PM about the 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 Dr International Coupe

I have a 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme WITH  misfire on cylinder 2 and 5. I replaced plugs wires and Coil also crank sensor. I still have the misfire. the engine is a 3.1L. There is no engine light and it runs rough when in gear going to stall. I had the module tested and Im about to pull my hair out. I like this car. so I want to ask someone else if they have any problems. I basically repaired all the igntion side. what could be telling cylinder 2 and 5 not to fire? and Im sure the Coils are good. and all the parts. If someone out there can give me a hand that would be greatly appropriated  

15

I guess we dont have any good Oldsmobile technicians out there.

145

check you coil take a plug and put on wire see if there is spark then also check compression see if you have weak compression hope that helps

75

Do you hear any ticking? The rocker arms will pull out of the cylinder heads that will cause a miss fire, if not check your ignition module that controlls voltage to the coils.

15

I replaced the module and it ran fine for a month and on the way to work the car ran bad. but did not set a code! the next thing Im going to check is 02 sensor. I have been going to school and been getting alot of knowledge about being a tech! so Im going to check the wires that go to the ecm. and go from there!

20

Check your fuel injectors, that is most likely the problem...

20

Check out your fuel injectors, you can OHM them out using a volt meter switched to ohms, cylinders 2 and 5 aren't on the same coil pack so those may be ok however they also could be bad but these cars have a bad fuel injector problem, lookup technical service bulliten on this for your vehicle, also have your fuel pressure tested to rule out fuel pump/filter problems

I'm gonna get another car and be through with it . I can't even find parts for my car because, they are discontinued. Shaken my head.