Car will not accelerate over 30 mpg

Asked by Jul 09, 2016 at 03:18 PM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 4 Dr S Sedan

My car doesn't want to go faster than 30 mph.  
Also does car have a distributor cap

20,400

Sounds like you have a clogged catatlic converter or muffler.

It's going to sound weird but I've had this happen and it is the reciprocal on one of the injectors going bad, I have a 1990 ciera with the 3.3l and I ordered the injectors off of ebay got 6 of them for $60 the injectors might pass a visual inspection when you remove them but it's the little electrical clip on the injector that is going bad, once one goes bad the the car will studder and bog down because the electrical ohms from the faulty injector plug peice are causing mixed signals throughout the electrical system in the car