93 olds cutass ciera 3.3L replaced the fuel pump, car ran for a 1 1/2 hours i stopped for gas and it would not restart, i changed the ignition control module and two relays. please help

10

Asked by Jan 12, 2014 at 08:45 PM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 4 Dr S Sedan

20,085

Need to know if it is not firing or not getting fuel. The pump may have went out again.

Best Answer Mark helpful
10

Its not getting fire at the sparkplug wire, and fuel pressure is good.

20,085

Crankshaft sensor or coil. My bet is crankshaft sensor.

10

I replaced the coils, wires, plugs last September. I bought a crankshaft sensor last evening but i have to catch a ride back to my car to fix it. Thanks

10

I appreciate the responses thanks.

20,085

glad to help

10

Ill let ya know either way, just FYI.

20,085

ok thanks

10

Ok got to my car this morning, was going to replace the crank sensor. Instead i tried to start it and what do ya know, it fired right up. I turned the engine off 3 times and it has started every time since. Lol any other ideas?

10

Im concerned that it will happen again!

20,085

It is breaking down when it gets hot. I would change it any way.

10

I drove from Garnett Ks to Coffeyville KS yesterday 1 1/2 hours and it never missed a lick. When i arrived at my destination, i shut it off and started it 3 times. I went to lunch and dinner yesterday also and it started both times. When i get back home to K.C. Mo, i will change it.

Is it the fuel pump

My car ran out of fuel and now I can not hear the pump kick on does that mean it's the fuel pump

60

your fuel pump (generally) will last longer than the life of your vehicle and i seriously doubt it since ive replaced the pump, fuel filter, air filter, plugs, wires and fuel pressure regulator trying to fix this and still after all that mine sputters all the time at half throttle and once it gets warm almost always dies when i come to a stop.

I just replaced my fuel pump but still won't run but it dose crank over