what is wrong with my car?

5

Asked by Oct 14, 2007 at 06:27 PM about the 1992 Audi 100 CS Quattro

I found puddles in the passenger side floors after a rainny day and four inches of water in the reserve under the hood on the back engine wall...

5

??????

43,935

The more I think about it, it's likely that your drains that drain water away from the area underneath your wipers are clogged with leaves, etc. You may need to blow them out with compressed air. The reason the car died may be that the water shorted out or caused the engine to quit while you were trying to drive it.

15

Your sunroof drains are probably clogged. This is a fairly common symptom (wet floor inside).

i tried using garden hose to remove leaves below wipers had hood open by time i was done passenger side floor and most of interior floor was completely full of water.when i opened the doors many gallons flowed out .it seemed to be coming into cab from directly behind glovebox but glovebox was not flooded itself.have not found actual leak area to fix,it rained and floor is 4 to 6 inches deep in water, also rear tail lens is cracked around trunk lock which also caused lamp failure signal on dashboard to stay on,corrosion around bulb inside of tail lens is causing i think have not fixed leak or bulb problem yet.i also had auto trans. display of gearshifter position not match actual position and door lock problems etc. vacuum pump would not shut off in box under rear seat by battery itried to clean and dry box but was water damaged and corroded and i unplugged it resulting in no elect. locks

985

one or more drain are clogged up and you have water damage to the ecu and body module under and behind the glove box