why would my car have a puddle on the passengers floor and back passengers floor after a rainny day?

5

Asked by Oct 14, 2007 at 06:25 PM about the 1992 Audi 100 CS quattro Sedan AWD

After i noticed the puddles I tried to drive it to the car wash to get the water out and my engine died  so i had it towed to a garage when I looked under the hood, on the back engine wall there was about four inches of water....what is wrong with my car:(

48,455

Sounds like leaking weatherstripping or seals. Have someone like Rain Doctor do a waterproofing on your vehicle, and you should be fine.

We had the same issue with our 2003 Audi A6 Quattro (several inches of water on the passenger side floor despite window seals being fine). We found out that we had a clogged battery drain pan due to leaves. It's a common problem in Audi. Just clear the leaves or debris, the water will drain and wet/dry vac the water in the floor. Here's the YouTube video for it: https://youtu.be/_DrGDPNA4GY