won't start

Asked by Jul 29, 2011 at 12:46 PM about the 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais 4 Dr SL Sedan

I can not get my 91 Calais to start.  It has spark, new plugs, new fuel filter, it appears to be getting gas to the throttle body.  Turns over fine just won't start.

135

First check battery to see if it has its full charge. next check the startor and your battery leads or wires make sure they have a good clean tight connection metal to metal. If that dont work have a technician do a voltage test it make be that even with your new parts its not sparking correctly so it may be in the ignition system. hope this helps.

Turns out I need a new computer we got another carb that didn't have the plugs for the computer and it started just fine know my hurst shifter is giving me problems it's does not shift smoothly