Should the engine ever be pressure washed?

Asked by Jun 29, 2017 at 09:11 PM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser 4 Dr STD Wagon

My mechanic  thought he would be nice and pressure wash my 1993 Olds 3.3L engine with out my permission.  Two cylinders stopped working after that.  What is the general rule for cleaning an engine?

86,675

If you clean it out then you have to dry everything. I am guessing you have moisture in the spark plug connections or in the distributor. With newer coil on plug engines I would never wash them unless you have the time to remove all the coils.

264,465

I never pressure washed any of my engines. just do some light cleaning with a rag and some soapy water.