oil leak

Asked by Jan 14, 2009 at 04:06 PM about the 1990 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser 4 Dr STD Wagon

There is oil leaking off of the bottom of the oil pan and is also covering most of the bottom of the engine and on the oil filter. there is no oil in the engine. where is my leak?

7,535

Fill it with oil and a put a new filter on, clean it off with some degreeser. Drive a little bit and try to get a better idea where the oil is coming from. Currently you just asked people on the internet to find a needle with a description of a hay stack.

3,245

From your description, it sounds like a bad gasket unless you have a hole somewhere in your oil pan. In that case you would have to replace your oil pan, not overly difficult or expensive in most cases.