All my electric windows have stopped working.

Asked by Jun 12, 2016 at 05:17 PM about the 1992 Audi 100 Base

I have checked 2 x 30 amp fuses under bonnet, and dropped panel under
steering rack(LHD) registered in spain.!   is their a relay that might have
stopped working and if so where is it situated ?? and any other suggestions
please as I live in the canary isles and the weather is getting hotter !!

10,635

Remove drivers kick panel and check your relay pack, in there is a power window relay, The relay is the first one when you pull off the kick panel, it takes up 2 relay slots and sits horizontally. Next, chasing the fuses.. IF they all look and or test fine unplug a motor harness and apply 12 volts to the window motor with a power probe or another device if a motor functions this is a good starting point. Now its time to chase down the harness problem. Do this drill to try every switch at each door for function, if nothing the MASTER SWITCH is looking suspect Use a multimeter to check for power at each motor connection.. STARTING by checking for POWER at the master right hand door. This all simply work just accept it will can some of your time to locate the issue. Regards

Thank you for your swift reply, here is a photo of the relays behind kick panel and as you can see their is No double relay? only a space with a metal strip across contacts so not sure why thats in place ?

10,635

Thanks for the photo very helpful. Does the Audi have a sunroof? this looks like a factory jumper.. NEXT, I suggest you check all ground / earth cables and wires check that there tight and not corroded Inspect under the hood wiggle them too make sure they are tight and not fuzzy green. Regards

Car does not have a sun roof! . I have taken the drivers door card off to see if i can take out window master switches but it seems that its plastic welded onto the panel on the inside, so is it possible to lever out switch panel from the arm rest without damaging it?sorry for being a pain but all details on car are in either spanish handbook or german references which ive tried to translate through google but had no joy!...here are pics of master switch and the fuse box under bonnet with the 2 green fuses which are refered too as for windows and both test ok

fuse box under bonnet