A100 v6 total engine stop due to relay?

10

Asked by Apr 20, 2014 at 10:16 AM about the 1992 Audi 100 Base

Car engine stops while driving..... Can hear the chattering of a relay...during this turning
key to start position has no effect whatsoever.....wait few minutes...and it starts again.

Seems like a relay issue...or is it maybe wiring.  So far only happens at higher
speeds....and roughly once every 10 minutes.
Any ideas out there??

10

I just started using the car in Dubai..... And it gets a bit hotter here than its previous country of operation....netherlands... Although..it is not that hot yet..... Also, speedometer is sticking which requires mee to slam the dashboard to make it move.... Maybe this abuse is contributing?? Just sharing what i know..look forward to any suggestions.