I have a 1993 Audi 90 CS startes but runs rough and very sluggish when you are driving it . It acts like it is out of time. I don't beleive you can change the timeing on this car.

Asked by Jul 05, 2012 at 10:49 AM about the 1993 Audi 90 CS

13,195

Check your catalytic converter. The symptoms you describe are par for this problem. One way to get an idea of the condition of CAT. is to listen to your exhaust if it is making more of a hissing noise you most likely have blockage.

Just listed to the exhaust it is not making a hissing noise and when I put a dollar bill up to it it is not sucking it in. it has 2 cats (each side of v6 motor) not just 1. I was thinking it may be the cat but its not showing any other symptoms as in the hissing, blow back, or no to little exhaust coming of the out. I don't know much about the audis but motors all have the same basic concepts. Since I posted the first question I pulled the air filter and ran it and when I revved it up it got louder then normal motors do out of the air intake. Any other ideas.

13,195

Does it backfire at all?