my truck stops when driving

Asked by May 03, 2017 at 11:14 PM about the 1992 Nissan King Cab 2 Dr STD 4WD Extended Cab SB

Hello I have a 1992 Nissan D21 Pickup (Hardbody), and I just put an engine in it (Nissan 2.4l 2400 i4), and now after a while of driving it will stall like its out of gas but it can immediately be restarted, and then it will go a little ways and then stall again. I did try just letting it idle to see if it was just an idle issue but it idled for 20 minutes before I shut it down. so it only does it when driving forwards ( I think ). so thanks in advance -RTBBilly     P.S if I don't get back to you quickly its probably because I'm locked out of my account

its a possibility that you have a bad fuel cut off switch. bumps and stuff could potently disable your fuel pump, causing the engine to die. and then start right back up as if nothing happened. it should be a small box with a red button on it either under the dash board on the driver side. or posably under the hood hooked to a fender. im more of a ford guy sorry., i hope this helps.

okay i got under the dash board, unfortunately there is no fuel shut off switch in this model, however I think it could be the fuel pump but I don't want to take it all apart and find out is not. I did replace the fuel filter under the hood and I've also replaced these parts (short parts list. EGR Valve. EGR assistant Valve. Power Steering Pump. EGR tube. Exhaust manifold. Spark Plug Wires X4. Spark Plugs X4. Distributor Cap. Distributor Rotor. end of list.) so problem remains :( any suggestions are welcomed thanks in advance -RTBBilly P.S you just fixed my mercury. so I'm way excited Thank You :D

if its your fuel pump your fuel presure should be a good indication. you could go out and buy a cheap tire pressure gauge and a stem core remover. your fuel rail should have a tire stem sort of thing you will probably need to remove the core and press the gauge to the hole. have some one prime your engine once or twice by turning to key to the on position but not turning it over.