What could be causing the car to not start after running great the day before?

35

Asked by Jul 31, 2014 at 11:46 PM about the 1993 Audi 100 CS Quattro

My 93 100 CSQ was starting and running great. Then one day it wouldn't start.  The car has 113K. The car was running great up to the day it wouldn't start.  The engine cranks strong but will not turn over.  Any suggestions on what it might cause this will be appreciated.

114,305

First I would check all fuses. If all check to be ok and With the age of this car I would start by checking for fuel pressure. Make sure you have the proper psi at fuel rail. All because is might squirt gas out does not mean there is enough pressure for your vehicle to operate properly.

35

Thank you for responding. Not to sound ignorant, but How do I check the fuel pressure? And does this involve the fuel pump?

114,305

If in USA most auto zones will loan (deposit required but you get your money back when you return it) you what you need to check it. Directions included. Yes this test will test how well your fuel pump is performing.

35

Thank you again. I am in US so I'll try that.