why is this car so rare

Asked by Jan 24, 2007 at 06:47 PM about the 1995 Audi Cabriolet 2 Dr STD Convertible

22,100

Actually jadey, I can't find any indications that the 1995 Audi Cabriolet is a particularly "rare" car. Can you be more specific?

335

Jadey, while I agree with LouB, I also believe that the 95 Cabriolet was more rare than it's competition. I think one contributing factor to the rarity of this car is the fact that the Cabriolet was introduced on the 80/90 body style quite a few years after that design was introduced as a sedan (itself an updated version of the late 1980's version of the 80/90). Additoionally, the 90-based Cabriolet was kept in production throughout the 1st-generation of the 80/90 replacement, the A4. Also, the Cabriolet was FWD while it closest rival -- BMW 3-seires was RWD. Finally, in the eyes of many buyers, the BMW simply had more cache than the Audi. On the plus side, this makes a used Cabriolet abudget by when compared to contemporary 3-series.

175

In 1995, Mercedes & BMW were considered the "only" German Luxury imports worth owning. NOT ANYMORE. These 2 are now considered Blase' and AUDI is riding a wave of innovation and popularity the others have not caught yet. They are on TOP of the pile as king of hill. You are now seeing more Audi's than ever before. In 1995, Audi was not very well known.

Looks like this is the newest comment on here. I bought my 1995 Audi Cabriolet in October of 2001. It had just over 41,000 miles on it. I have owned it ever since and refuse to sell it. I now have 101,000 miles on her and she is still going strong. In the last 11 or 12 years, I have had to change the inner and outter tie rods, brakes, water pump on the major end of things, but not too much on any thing minor. It starts right up in any weather and runs like brand new. The one thing I really like about this car is, it still turns heads and I am always asked what I want for it. Even the dealership where some work has been done, has told me to make sure that when I am ready to sell or trade, to come back. The Pearl White is a rare color, from what I have been told. I plan to keep it until it becomes a bucket of bolts. I love this car today as I did when I first saw it.

15

have one like it. So nice :-)