Radio won't work after water on floor by amp

5

Asked by May 12, 2014 at 02:13 PM about the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT Spyder

Just bought 3003 eclipse spyder gt conv. Rained in on passenger side floor. Radio only
popped and crackled . Tried to get dry for couple hours and now comes on for 1sec then
goes back to crackle .

3,695

Sounds like you may still have a little moisture in the amp. Try disconnecting the amp and put the speakers directly to the radio and see if it still crackles. What ever you do, do NOT treat it like a cell phone that got wet and fill your car with rice... it'll just make a big mess.

111,155

Infinity sound system? If so hate to say this but your best bet is to buy an aftermarket radio and install it. When you remove the items out from under the passenger seat the two electrical plugs will plug into each other and power up all your speakers properly. Then buy a radio harness kit and use it to install the new radio in the dash. Changed the one out in my wife's spyder after hers got wet. Use caution hers actually shorted out under the passenger seat and could have started a fire but she was lucky.

I have an aftermarket radio but I cant get any sound from it once Installed, any suggestions

111,155

Did you remove the amp from under the passenger seat? If not you need to. The two harnesses that you unplug from the amp will plug into each other and all your speakers will work correctly.

i had the same that dkginther had i took out the amp from under my seat but i didnt try to put the plugs together but ill try it in the moring i hope it work

Dose it work with the factory radio as well?

Took my amp out and there is no way that the 2 wires harnesses will plug into each other one is square the other is circle??? Any suggestions? Mine got wet from floor leaking before i bought car