Whats wrong

Asked by Nov 11, 2016 at 04:32 PM about the 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT Spyder

My car has been running fine. Stop at a friends an
left it idiling while ran inside. I came out an it was
off, now it wont start.

242,445

Roger, could be just about anything. Give us some more details. Check engine light on, engine making noise, do you have fuel, anything smell like it's burning, did you open the hood and check?

65,975

Maybe you ran out of gas. Can't tell with nothing to go on.

Almost full of gas. Lights and all electronics are still working. Changed starter and silinode, still nothing. Tried jumping it, nothing. Put charger on the battery to make sure it was fully charger

Fully charged, it was good. Checked to see if i was getting fire from all the plugs, i was. Had plenty of oil, water, all fluids were good. Checked all the fuses to make sure they were good they were, drawing a blank on what it could be

65,975

Check to see if the fuel pump is working and that the fuel filter is not plugged up. Check the fuel pump fuse too.

Thanks, i did check every fuses inside the car and under the hood. I will check out the fuel pump and filter. Thanks again, i will let you know.

65,975

Sometimes a bad fuse looks good. You might try replacing it anyway.

I will, cheaper is easier. Thanks again

242,445

Does the car crank over? If it does, might be fuel, if not, the I'd say ignition related or a wiring issue, like a short.

No , it just kinda whins. Also you do have to mess with the ignition to get it to crank. And my harness on my passenger side head light kinda melted a while back an its been blowing bulbs. Someone said that could be the regulator. I dont know, i was going to just splice the wires with a better harness. Thanks.