A little advice after my accident

85

Asked by Sep 29, 2008 at 12:28 PM about the 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder 2 Dr GS Convertible

i was recently in an accident with my 99 mitsu, eclipse gs convertible, 20 mph. however i hit a car alot taller, the impact hit my hood latch, not the bumper. this caused a strange impact. the hood/fenders are bent. the top of the bumper is crushed, both headlights, the radiator, condensor and the core support. however the lower frame and suspension were not effected. my inner bumper was not harmed, the foglight evenwork. the only engine damage was when the radiator was hit the hose cracked the thermostat. the enginge.tranny is fine (i actually had to manually shut off the car after the accident). i have enough know-how to do the work myself, i want to know two things.
1) what kind of a price range am i looking at for a front end clip and Radiator/condensor?
2)would it be worht it for me to now, when the engine/head is open to drop in a turbo/supercharger with intercooler if i have to replace core-support and all?

Any help with numbers would help immensly

55

I really can not say what the price range would be for the parts, but just shop around. If it was me I would try to find one the was wrecked in the rear end that the persons is trying to get rid of cheap. As for question two, yes. If you plan to take out the engine or even just remove the fenders,hood, and core-support. This will give you greater access to the exhust/front of the engine.

15

uh why would u supercharge a DSM thats just stupid...if i were u id get rid of the 420a and swap a 6bolt in...but w/e

65

i agree with victor. supercharging the 420a is a bad idea. Just drop in the 4G63 if you really want a turbo.