Convertible top won't go down

40

Asked by Jun 24, 2010 at 09:17 PM about the 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder 2 Dr GS-T Turbo Convertible

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum. I am in need of information, I have been to mitsubishi dealers and they keep telling me they don't know. When I push my convertible button my windows go down but that is it. I also hear the relays click. I checked the fuses and I replaced the computer underneath the back seat. Please if anyone knows anything that can help me I would be very grateful.  Thank You

50

Hello I'm having the same problem and did all the things you said you did and nothing. I was wondering if you had found anything out. I do upholstery and work om tops all the time but this one baffles me. If I find a solution I will put it out there for everyone.

185

Hi everyone, can you hear the motors trying to put the top down? If you hear the motors, and the top just seems missing force to get it done, you might want to check the shear pin on one or both motors. It happend to me in the past and I fixed it by doing the steps included in the following link: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-exterior-interior/77418-common-spyder-convertible-top-problems-link-motor-drive-pin.html#post644831 www.dsmtuners.com is the best website for anything related to DSM (Mitsubishi, Eagle, Plymouth) and you can find plenty of usefull information and tips, it's really a great DSM community. Hope it helps!

40

Yeah still having the same problem. But now since we manually opened the top the bars snapped. I need a whole new top because they don't sell the pieces anymore.

40

Thanks I will definitely try it out when I get a new top. Now somewhere the top is leaking and im getting mold in my car.. this just sucks. But thank u for the advise

185

Sorry to hear that man...good luck!

90

Did you find a solution? I'm sort of having the same problem, but I hear nothing at all, almost like its not connected. Fuses are fine. What else did you check?

350

Hi. I found this question when I had the same problem and although the question was old I thought I would put the answer out there for anyone else with the problem. There is a manual switch in the trunk in the panel on the drivers side where antenna is located. The switch on my car had gotten switched over to manual by accident. Windows went down and I heard a clicking sound but the top wouldn't go down. I have my owners manual and it referred to this solution.

150

Hi, I took the panel off behind the brake light/left turn signal in my trunk but I didn't see a switch. Can someone please post a picture? Thanks!

50

had the same problem my car was hit and took it to service king for repairs, two weeks later I realize the top wont go down. Took in to Service King and they checked it and it was the switch in the trunk it had gotten pused to manual. It works like a champ now

80

Found switch, thank you!! It works now :))

Hinim having the same problem but mynback windoes went down but now they wont go back up can some one help

5

There is a button on the drivers door panel that when pushed keeps the rear windows from rolling back up.

Are we Talking about a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT. I have looked several times for the switch and I can't find it. Can someone post a picture?

140

I got a picture of the switch, but it's from 1999 Eclipse Spyder GS

ok Thank you Angel. I have searched my 2007 Spyder GT again and still have not found any switch. at least I have an idea.

101,695

2003 drivers side trunk behind skirt right by tail light assembly. Yours may be the same

Thank you Angel so so much for the pic. of the manual button. This was my problem.I guess when mu body work got done they changed it and didnt know. THANK YOU

20

I am having a problem, I have a 1996 spyder eclipse. Well when I close top the drivers window works fine , but all other windows I have to hold all the switches up and top on the close button for top , to get the other three windows to roll up, Please help.....

30

Hey I have a 2007 spyder eclipse and my top want go down and its stopping me.from opening my trunk i think its a fuse problem I was wondering were are the fuses located for the convertible top and thank you

10

Im also having the same problem with the convertable its like if it dont have any power

80

Open your trunk, to your left is a compartment covered by a removable plastic lid use a flashlight to see a black switch (on/off), turn it the other way. My switch was in the off position, no power to the top. Otherwise check you fuses. Good luck.

Yay! Thanks for the answer to my problem. When they repaired the rear taillight they disconnected it. Summer has begun!

60

My top will go down but won't come back up any ideas

60

Top will go down won't come back up any ideas

60

Getting water on drivers side floor mat where feet sit only anyone else

10

I have a 99 eclipse spyder and have the exact same problem as the OP. I hit the button, the windows go down and i hear the clicking - but absolutely nothing from the motor. I also have that button in my trunk and made sure it was clicked to on. I changed out my fuse labeled "top" - still nothing. I cant remember when it exactly stopped working because i rarely put it down. I did install a new radio but i dont think the wiring around the radio would affect the top going down since the button to hit it still makes the windows go down. This sucks. My car is 16 yrs old maybe the motors just give out after awhile who knows.

Heyy guys sorry but I'm having the same problem but in this case it's a 2003 BMW 330ci the top goes down perfectly fine as well as coming back up , the problem is it won't lock ....can anybody help me I really need this fix Thank you

I had the same problem of the top not going down. I took the advice of Spyder99 and now it works great. Thank you Spyder99. Steven C

10

My son has a 07 or 08 Spyder and the top won't go down and it beeps every time we stop then go. We took the fuse out and that stopped it but when the beeping started was also when the top stopped working. I opened the rear panels at the light and no manual switch. Any help is appreciated

10

I would just like to say a huge thank you. I just had my break light replaced and could not get my top to go down, read the post found the Manuel switch easily. Thank you.

Okay so had no manual switch in my trunk we had very heavy rain last night and roof would not operate this am. I pressed the rubber switch in the door for the windows and voila, mayhaps it was just the heat drying things off but now works 2007 eclipse spyder