A/C Leaks Problem HELP HELP HELP.

15

Asked by Jun 25, 2014 at 10:58 AM about the 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate

I have had my air serviced this past weekend 6/21/2014 and while refilling the aire they said that they did not see any leaks and so i paid and left. Well well well five mins later as im going to eat my air goes out so i go back to the shop and they all looked shocked that im back so fast. So they tell me to bring it back monday so the can put it on a lift to see if i have a leak coming from under my car so i take it back monday and they had about i say 4 hours and then they call me and tell me that they couldn't find a leak no where. So my question is. where could the leak be coming from? Its hot outside and i need my A/C....

146,495

Ok, Mark, was it working before and you just had it serviced for summer, as we all should do, then it quit right after you left the shop..OR was it not working before? The way you word it, it was working fine and they found no leaks, reached in to your wallet and sent you on your way. "Bring it back Monday"...first clue something is not quite right....they should have put you in FRONT of anybody else...after all you have already parted with your money. So that being the case it is THEIR problem to find a leak.

15

FordNut: it has been out since last summer i had it work on then. And it lasted 2 to 5 days at best. Im lost because i dont know why they can't find the leak i"m not car smart so i dont know where to start looking my comp. comes on when i have freon in the system and the vaccum holds well this is what they told me. they ask me to bring it back up there after i picked it up monday night and they was like bring it back tomorrow but i work early hours so i told them that i would bring it to them friday after work.

60,225

iF no leak,s are found,there is a possible answer,check the pressure valve,it won,t leak until it, wants to,that said they want find it till it doe,s it,tell that mechanic,to replace it,and it probably will fix this...Good luck with it.

60,225

Its called a pressure swicth,and if they just added freon,without do a vacme pull on it,it will have to much pressure and pufff there go,s your freon.