Grand Marquis 2004 wont start

20

Asked by Jun 20, 2015 at 07:44 PM about the 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS

Hi. My mercury Marquis is making issues and it doesnt start. I am having this issue
from last few weeks. Funny thing is that its start when it wants to. Initialy i thought
that issue is with battery, checked the battery and terminals and all is well. I put the
battery few months ago. Few things which i notice are.

- Car does not cranck when start. It either start straight away or nothing happens.
- All lights are working fine.
- Some times it starts with Jump leads and some time it wont.
- When i am keep trying and rotating the key the locks automatically open
- Sometimes if i leave the car idle for 5 minutes and then try then it starts without any
issue.
- i have had the battery and alternator checke and the voltage is fine.

Your help in this regards will be apppriciated

18,510

Check wires to starter to make sure they have not worked there way loose make sure they are nice and tight. Also check starter bolts make sure they are nice and tight also.

46,065

Try starting it in neutral. You could have an issue with the neutral safety switch.

1,235

Besides the neurtal safety switch, ignition switch?

20

Resolved. Took it to the mechanic and turn out that starter motor was faulty. He called it starter self. I thought its always good to inform the readers, how the problem is resolved otherwise I have seen mostly people get the problem resolved and then never ce back to the website. Thanks all for the suggestions and help.

1,235

Thanks for getting back. Wish everyone would do that. Glad it's fixed.

Best Answer
46,065

I also appreciate the response, glad you got it fixed.

20

Hi Guys, Thought Update you. Was thinking to do that from long time but was busy. After having the starter motor, the car works fine for few days and starts having the same issue and one day stopped quite far from my home and from the mechanic who changed the motor last time. Found a nearby electrician and it turns out that Starter Motor was not the issue. The cable which was going from the fuse box (The one next to the engine) to the starter motor was damaged. So he changed that cable and since then the car starts and never had any issue. Was not bothered to go back to the previous mechanic to get my money back. I hope i could save some money for others now. Thanks,

Put f150 ford motor in grand marq 2004 before the truck was running then we put the motor in the car it won't run it will start then stall