Why does the merc lose air in the air suspension making the rear end go done about 3 inches and everything checks out ok?

johnbev
0

Asked by Aug 19, 2014 at 09:45 PM about the 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium

When I drive it everything is good. The compessor fills up the rear and when it sits for
about 30 minutes it lowers about 3 inches. It was all checked out but cannot find what is
going on.

T_S_T
54,245

Recheck all air line,s there is a leak somewhere in the system.

T_S_T
54,245

Slow leaks are hard to find,soapy water sometime,s help,s you find the slow leak,s.

71,595

Air bags are a high fail on these vehicles, get the system pumped up and spray the bags down completely with soapy water and look for a foaming where the leak is. The other place the system leaks is at the compressor filter can connections under the hood.

waterwalk
0

I had the air bags replaced on my '04 Grand Marquis. Now it leaks down overnight when it didn't before. The shop which replaced the bags checked the connections to the bags, etc. and couldn't find anything wrong. I took it to another shop and they couldn't find anything either. It didn't do this before replacing the bags. They had cracks in them and wouldn't have lasted long, so I'm glad I had them replaced. But since the car didn't settle overnight before, I know this isn't right. Any ideas?

71,595

They must have missed something, take it back to the place that installed them, soapy water is still the way I test these and heavy on the soap so it is still somewhat thick and brush it on, then just stand back and wait if there is a leak it will show up as a group of small bubbles, my guess is they missed a connector, maybe didn't get it locked in just right.