2000 grand marquis turns over but won't start replaced fuel pump, battery, fuel filter

Asked by Sep 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM about the 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

My 2000 grand marquis will turn over but won't start.  I went out to my car and after running with no problems the battery was dead, I have replaced the battery.  Then the car would turn over with the new battery but won't start, I replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter, fuel pump relay and fuse.  I am getting fuel at the rail and if I spray starting fluid in it, it runs till the starting fluid is gone.

505

Hi, I hope I can help you so here we go. You said you have fuel at the fuel rail but when you turn the key do you hear your fuel pump run for a few seconds.Did you check the connection to the fuel regulator or for any ground wires coming off the firewall to the engine block it's a braided type wire with no casing and is right in the back center of the engine in most case's. It looks like we are looking for why you have no fuel and I first must ask the simple Question are you out of gas and are you sure.Did your gas shut off switch trip ,that is in the trunk.That will trip if the car is hit,or is it defective. if any of that won't help I will look into it deeper. Check to make sure that the fuel pump is working by getting in the car close the door turn the key so the dash lights come on and listen for the running of the fuel pump which will be just for a few seconds. If you hear it then the emergency shut off switch in the truck should be fine.But it would not hurt to pop the trunk and locate the the reset switch .I think it is on the left behind the felt carpet lining if the switch is up push it down and start the car.if not let me know and we will take it from there.

20

I also changed the spark plugs

100

Crank Sensor was my trouble. Turned over, would not catch. Hope this helps others.

40

My car got repod when i got it back it crank no start...did the wrecker do somthing to it...finna check that button

70

Its was running fine i get up this morning and all its doing is turning over and i checked everything u said

20

I just put a fuel pump in a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS and it won't start now what do we do next

what if the braided wire is broken and only attached to the firewall and just hanging there? Where should I attach the end of a new wire?