2000 grand marquis turns over but won't start replaced fuel pump, battery, fuel filter

Asked by Sep 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM about the 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

My 2000 grand marquis will turn over but won't start.  I went out to my car and after running with no problems the battery was dead, I have replaced the battery.  Then the car would turn over with the new battery but won't start, I replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter, fuel pump relay and fuse.  I am getting fuel at the rail and if I spray starting fluid in it, it runs till the starting fluid is gone.

555

Hi, I hope I can help you so here we go. You said you have fuel at the fuel rail but when you turn the key do you hear your fuel pump run for a few seconds.Did you check the connection to the fuel regulator or for any ground wires coming off the firewall to the engine block it's a braided type wire with no casing and is right in the back center of the engine in most case's. It looks like we are looking for why you have no fuel and I first must ask the simple Question are you out of gas and are you sure.Did your gas shut off switch trip ,that is in the trunk.That will trip if the car is hit,or is it defective. if any of that won't help I will look into it deeper. Check to make sure that the fuel pump is working by getting in the car close the door turn the key so the dash lights come on and listen for the running of the fuel pump which will be just for a few seconds. If you hear it then the emergency shut off switch in the truck should be fine.But it would not hurt to pop the trunk and locate the the reset switch .I think it is on the left behind the felt carpet lining if the switch is up push it down and start the car.if not let me know and we will take it from there.

20

I also changed the spark plugs

110

Crank Sensor was my trouble. Turned over, would not catch. Hope this helps others.

50

My car got repod when i got it back it crank no start...did the wrecker do somthing to it...finna check that button

100

Its was running fine i get up this morning and all its doing is turning over and i checked everything u said

40

I just put a fuel pump in a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS and it won't start now what do we do next

10

what if the braided wire is broken and only attached to the firewall and just hanging there? Where should I attach the end of a new wire?

my 97 grand marquis wont start but will turn over when i try to start it it turns over but wont start then its makking a beeping noise to

my 97 grand marquis wont start but will turn over when i try to start it it turns over but wont start then its makking a beeping noise to i put a new battry in it and its doing the same thing n i cant put the car in gear why the battery is hooked up i have to unhook the battery to put the car in gear

Had the same problem my brother has a 2001 Mercury Marquis he drove it out to the farm shut it off it wouldn't start the fuel pump would run for like a half a second and stop I told him the fuel pump must be bad we put a new fuel pump in it still wouldn't start fuel pump would run for a half a second and quit didn't have fuel at the fuel rail little bit but not enough started checking things the alarm light on the dash was blinking rapidly when you try to start it never did that before by luck my brother had his other set of keys in his pocket put the key in the ignition started the car rate up found out the old key is got a chip in it and it was cracked and it would not let the alarm system start the car it would crank over but would not fire