mercury 2000 grand marquis won't start.

Asked by Jan 10, 2016 at 03:24 PM about the 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS

I previously posted the same question, and got one answer, which was helpful. However, I now have additional information. The car cranks, starts to run, then shuts off with the antitheft light on the dash flashing rapidly. The dealer claims to have replaced both the PATS module and the PATS transceiver. They also refer to the problem as Intermittent, which it was not, since the failure had become solid and I had the car towed to the dealership.
They say the next thing to try is diagnose the PCM and fix it. It's not clear whether they mean replace it or reprogram it. I'm already out $540 and am getting worried I'm going to be spending big time money before this is all done. I can use some guidance from the experts.

6,575

Will need to know what the copy of the repair order they gave you with the receipt says to see what they say to have done. Yes the programming level of the pcm could cause this but I've never seen a unicorn either.

68,735

If you have a spare key, try using that and see if the problem goes away. If so, the problem is with the key not being recognized. HTH. -Jim

10

BUy my 1999 Marquis for sale in Car Gurus.I'll warranty you won't have that or any other problem.Peace.Love.Luis. 702-7737821.