Car Starts then immediately dies

Asked by Dec 13, 2014 at 03:12 PM about the 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis 4 Dr GS Sedan

When I go to start my car it starts but after about 2 seconds shuts off. I've had this
happen a couple times before, but I ave been able to restart it and it runs just fine. Today
however it just wont stay started, just keeps dying. Battery is new only about 6 months
old. What could it be?

165

sounds to like your fuel pump is on its way out, the fuel pump is inside the gas tank you have to drop and remove gas tank to get to it.

I've already replaced the fuel pump, it's less than a year old.

165

well how about the fuel filter? also there is a cut off switch in the trunk by the left hinge MAYBE that is bad if that isn't it I'm not sure if FORD uses one could be a bad fuel relay (have no idea if there is one where they would put it) and lastly there is a fuel regulator on the fuel rail (usually on the backside of the motor under the hood) hopefully that might help you out a little bit.

1,255

Try everything above, especially the fuel pump relay, just replace it. It should show in the user's manual. When I have more time I could look in my 98 shop manual. Also do the filter, for sure if not done.Also try googleing it.

10

Coil pack