faulty ground wire and it's location
I have a 98 grand marquis. It has been running
pretty badly. I smell gas while driving, the check
engine light is flashing reading a misfire, and it is
also over heating. I've read that this could all be the
result of a bad ground wire. I found the ground wire
that is connected to my back engine bay right
behind the tranny fluid dip stick and it's completely
disconnected and dry rotted. Where does this
ground start and how do I go about changing it?
Also I just bought the car about 2 weeks ago. I have changed the radiator and thetmostat, checked battery and alternator status (battery light is also on in the car), new harmonic balancer, spark plugs, regular fluid and filter changes, and installed new ac compressor
So the CEL is still on, what is the 4 digit code you have now? Might be a spark plug wire.
I have coils. But it read I had a mia fire in 3. I changed coil and spark plug
Looking for a Used Grand Marquis in your area?
CarGurus has 2,236 nationwide Grand Marquis listings starting at $1,500.
Search Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
Mercury Grand Marquis Experts