Throttle Issues...

55

Asked by Jan 04, 2016 at 06:03 AM about the 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis 4 Dr LS Sedan

I replaced my valve cover gaskets on 95
Mercury Grand Marquis. After, im having
throttle issues. My question is, would
replacing the gaskets cause the computer
to go haywire and send more codes? And
can you reset the computer to see if the
problem is fixed before jumping into
replacing more parts?

46,245

My question would be, did you leave a vacuum hose disconnected? Vacuum leaks can cause strange issues.

69,655

Right, go over your work...

55

Rowefast, thank you for your input. But just because I am a female, doesn't mean Idk what I'm doing! So, don't be condescending! I always go over my work! I tripple check it just to be safe! I have a newborn, 1 & 3 year old that have to go everywhere with me! But, thank you! Bob, I did check all the hoses to make sure they were attached properly and in the correct place, as well as for any cracks or tears. But found nothing. I also thought I possibly put a spark plug wire on wrong. Maybe swapped them. But, no, they were all good too... Any other suggestions?

46,245

First, I don't think Rowefast was being condescending, he was agreeing with me and suggested you go over your work. If it ran good before you worked on it, the trouble probably is related to something you are have not done. My question to you is the car running correctly if not describe the problem. If the check engine light is lit, have the code(s) scanned and post the results back here. Getting the codes read will narrow down where the problem lies. Double check all electrical connections you might have touched.

69,655

We here get involved with each others answers, two or three eyes on a problem, lots of times someone will pick up on something somebody missed...the comment I made came to mind because I don't know how many times when working on something that a problem arises just because I forgot to hook something up. You have a lot of sharp people here to help, and always glad to help.