Alarm won't let my car start. I have no door key and my romote is broken how can I get my grand marquis to start?

50

Asked by Feb 10, 2014 at 01:35 PM about the 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis 4 Dr LS Sedan

I don't know what type of alarm system it
has . It came with the car when I bought it .
Its a black remote with .one little green
button and one big black button

10,575

Ok. First question is do you want the alarm? If you don't I would remove it. The starter interlock solenoid should be easy to find. If you disable this you can run until you fix the unit or remove it. First you need to locate the solenoid. Is it factory? and markings on the Remote or aftermarket.

10,575

They had the option of a factory alarm but is rare. Apparently if equiped it is in the dash behind/beside the glove box. Jumper out the coil or connect the crank signal in to the output to the rely and it should start. Here is a pic of the dash wiring harness as installed. It shows the wire coming from the main harness to the unit but not where it is exactly.

50

No i don't care about the alarm . I do want to take it off so I won't have this problem anymore. And no its not factory is an aftermarket. Thanks for your response.

10,575

Here is the entire circuit pt1

10,575

Pt2

10,575

Ok for aftermarket they would normally install it in the easiest spot. Most of the time it will be either under your dash close to the aftermarket module or under the hood on the crank wiring. They are to lazy to attack the main harness. Can you or have you located the alarm module.

50

No I have not located the alarm module. Sorry. Where would I find this?

10,575

Check under the dash. Drivers side around the steering colunn. Is there an atenna for the alarm the wire would go to the module. Once you find it the wiring harness will go to power, other alarm functions (siren etc) and to the interlock solenoid. Follow these wires. If the solenoid is under the dash it will be cut into a Dark Blue/Orange wire. If the wires go through the firewall you'll have to check under the hood. There is a relay box on the drivers side inner fender. The relay would be cut into the Red / Light Blue wire feeding the crank solenoid or the Yellow / Light Blue wire running from the realy box down to the crank terminal on the starter.

10,575

Once you find it you can bypass it. If they used a larger solenoid you can just move one wire over to the other post. If they used a smaller relay and spade connectors you wire have to but splice the wires together.

20

I need to find a drivers door module (Alarm Module) for my 1998 mercury grand marquis, cannot find it on the internet, do I have to take it to the dealer for him to order one.