1993 grand maequis dash lights

30

Asked by Jan 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM about the 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Sedan RWD

After replacing both of my passenger side brake/turn lamps, my instrument  (dash board) lamps fail to illuminate. Fuses all fine? Please help.

1,475

the hole dash or jsut the signal lamp on the dash?

30

The whole dash

1,475

May need to remove the light switch knob panel an check for bad connections or split wires as this is an occurance on 92 thru 94 model years. Simple fix if is that once ya remove the cover an dash panel. Your local mechanic or Autozone should know how to do this if not sure about how to get it done.

13,555

Are the tail, license and front parking lamps working? If not, you have a blown fuse. If they are, check the ground on the instrument cluster. Failing that, you may have a bum headlamp switch.

20

I got this 94 marquis had no running light on the rear, I pulled out the dash and removed the switch to discover the tan wire in the plug going in switch was burned. I cut the terminal to this wire and replace it with a push in type of terminal, cut the plastic corner of the switch where the original wire went in to switch so I could have enough room to push the connector into the switch, put the plug back in to switch and problem solved. just had to put new terminal in this tan wire. my switch was still good, the only thing burned was the plastic plug (tan wire) that plugs into switch. this is some cheap plastic and in time arcs and burns the wire terminal causing a short.. you don't need to replace all the wire, just the tan one cut off the part where original wire plugged into switch. and you should be fine, good luck

30

okay I have a 1993 grand marquis and my lights are coming on but the lights on my dash is not coming only the lights like the parking and the heater lights can some body help me