Where do you add transmission fluid on a 1997 Audi Cabriolet?

10

Asked by Jan 28, 2016 at 12:17 PM about the 1997 Audi Cabriolet 2 Dr STD Convertible

Just that.

15

Audi automatic transmission fluid levels should be checked at regular intervals. Most 1992-on Audi models don't have a transmission fluid dipstick for checking the Audi transmission fluid level. To fill and check the level of the Audi automatic transmission fluid you have to remove a plug on the side or bottom (location depends on model) of the transmission drain pan.

10

Thank you alabamaghost. From what I researched, you are correct in most cases. Ironically, I found that mine actually has a dipstick. (Unusual, but true.) I have just bought the car, and the engine compartment was so filthy I couldn't even see the red of the dipstick. Cleaning the area revealed it. And none too soon as there was barely a drop of fluid on the end of the dispstick. Thank you again for taking time out of your day to advise me. It's greatly appreciated!

15

My pleasure to assist you.