2002 Lincoln TC Air suspension not working

305

Asked by Jul 23, 2012 at 09:25 PM about the 2002 Lincoln Town Car Executive

My 2002 TC air suspension is giving me problems. I parked on an incline, when I drove away, the rear end was
bottomed out. The Air Suspension light was not on. I checked the fuses, and the relay, air pump is working.
After a few hours, I came out and and rear end was up to normal height.
Anyone else have this problem or know whats going on???

Yep, that happened to me in 2 if my TC's. The compressor may be out, (do you hear it trying?, a distinctive sound) or the air lines or air bladder has a hole, it is cheaper and almost as good to re-fit it with coil springs. Why the light is not on I don't know, it should be.

My bad. I did not pay attention that you said the compressor is OK. Maybe the switch in the trunk accidentally got turned off.

One more thought. Hopefully Tom will see your question, he is good. REAL good at this sort of thing among others

305

Thanks for the Info

305

Thanks David25, Your input is greatly appreciated. The problem with mine was the Height Sensor. (also called auto leveler, I found out). I bought one at the auto salvage for $50.00. That's all I'm willing to invest in the air suspension. If it don't work, I'm going to convert it.

Those guys at the junk yards (I refuse to call them auto-recyclers or salvage yards, maybe I am just old-school but to me they are junkyards). Anyway, you paid far, far less than a dealer would have charged, and they are not available at Auto- Zone NAPA or whatever, but there are very few LTC's in the junkyards and you were lucky to find one., but they have you by the juevos, take it or leave it they don't care, they will just sell it to the next guy. And you are quite welcome, glad I was able to help

145

Again I am left in suspense. @jimcip11 did the "auto leveler" work out for you?

305

Yes, Turned out to be the Auto Leveler. However, about a year or so later it happened again, so I just converted to springs, I let everything in place but the air bags in case I sell the car and someone wants to be bothered with it. In my case as I'm sure others feel, It's not worth the $$ or effort and conversion is cheap and a one time fix.

170

Will the fuse cause it to stop working completely?