Keyless entry

Asked by Apr 03, 2017 at 01:45 PM about the 1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature

I had my keys in the ignition an press
1 On the keyless entry it lock my
doors an now can't get my keyless
entry to do anything what should I
do please anyone

Check with the manual. Also could check the other fob. Try manual opening the doors and after try the fob.

Pressing just the #1 should not lock the doors but I believe you saying it did. Pressing #4 and #5 locks the doors. Anyway, enter your temporary five digit passcode to unlock. Or show a Ford dealer proof of ownership and the VIN number and he can give you the permanant five digit code to unlock the car. I hope this helps.

I tried to duplicate this problem with my 2004 Taurus. After entering my five digit passcode, I pressed button #1 to unlock driver's door, button #2 unlocks other three doors, button #3 pops the truck open. Not sure what you did. So, enter code, press #1, press #2 and see if another door unlocks. Might just have a bad selenoid on the driver door...won't click open. I hope this helps.

The process written in the car manual on the keyless entry page talks about how to erase the current combination and start over like new for your keyless entry and it states you press and hold the number 1-2. You most likely erased all you keyless entry data and need to reset everything to your new codes. The factory entry number will not erase and will continue to work. Read the Ford car manual Keyless Entry page and learn all about this and how to reset the combination(s) and coordinate all your fobs to once again work with your car. You need to reprogram all your fobs at the same time within 5 seconds apart!