Relay box

60

Asked by docchuck Dec 08, 2015 at 08:10 PM about the 1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature

There is a smaller box in front of the main relay/maxi fuse box under the hood of this car. Can anyone tell me what this relay box controls? It has 4 relays inside. I currently am having issues with not having brake,turn, hazard, courtesy lights as well as the fuel release inoperable. Also will not conventionally come out of park while the engine is running. Have to turn the key on and put in neutral to get it to shift.

367,285

Your owners manual will have a diagram of the relay box and will identify what each one is for.

60

I have the owners manual in front of me. There is no pages that show what I was asking. The box in question sits forward and independently of the one that has the maxi fuses in it. The one I referenced is the square one sitting approx. 4" forward of the one holding the maxi fuses and only has 4 relays inside of it. If I remember right the wiring harness coming out of it goes to two locations on the firewall. One to the computer just inside the car above the brake pedal and one that goes higher up near the left fender under the hood. Still trying to figure the reason for the inoperable lights. Thanks Full_of_Regrets

367,285

My Fords owners manuals do. They have a list and diagrams of the fuse boxes. Look under fuses in the index.

60

Page 129 is the maxi fuse box under the hood. There is an additional relay box approx 3-4 inches forward of that one. The additional box is the one I was asking about and the oeners manual doesnt show it. I replaced the two maxifuses that power some of interior fuse box to not helping fix the issue. Thought maybe that third box may have something to do with it.

80

The small relay box contains 4 relays: the horn relay, starter relay, the cooling fan low and cooling fan high relays.

In the manual ther only 2 fuse/relay boxes identified. As docchuck clearly explained there is no diagram for the third box. Thank you Jesse for being na contributing listener. Until now this has been a well kept secret. None of the parts stores has the 4 relay box defined/