were do i find the turn signal flasher on my 99 town car?

Asked by Apr 04, 2015 at 09:30 PM about the 1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature

I have looked everywhere but to no avail.

228,255

Should be under the dash, look on the riverside near the center, you might have remove some panels might be housed in a little black box, I forget.

30

It is probably under the dash, to the right side of the steering column. A black box. This is the "lighting control" unit. And yup, that's where they hid the damn flasher instead of like the old round ones that were in the fuse block. If this is the way your car is, then move the seat back all the way, lower it as low as possible with the front of the seat pointed down. Get a good light so you can see under there. Now you can see the box and the wiring harness plugged into it. You will also see how it is secured, a couple of screws or small bolts, I forget. Disconnect the wiring harness. Now undo the screws or bolts. Here comes the fun and why they put it there. MORE MONEY FOR THE REPAIR!!!!!!! You will have to wiggle and twist and turn the box to get it out. NOW GO BUY A NEW ONE!!!!!! Keep this one for memory!! Put the new one back in, it goes in easier than it came out. Secure it, plug in the harness. NOW you have turn signals. This is a shit thing to do to buyers, but you just saved about $300. Also, you can look up the signal flasher on the net to make sure of the location for your car, I would do that first. It will also give you the part number so you can find one before driving all around all over town to all the dealers. I don't think this is an auto parts store item. Good luck!!!!!

10

Where do I find the turn signal flasher switch on lincoln town car 07