Speedometer does not work and abs light and check trac appeared and I found the problem from rear speed sensor and i replace it but the speedometer does not work and the abs light does not disapear

Asked by May 24, 2014 at 10:33 AM about the 1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature

It is  to necessary to  earse error codes

23,785

Nope! Just fix the ABS/TC and all will reset on its own. Did you replace the sensor based on the code or did you actually check the signal and resistance of the sensor and find it faulty? Many people make the mistake of thinking that Automotive diagnostics is just "Read the Code, change the part and all is good" - Nope! If you follow the diagnostics for a rear wheel speed sensor code, resistance check the sensor at the ABS unit - it verifies the wiring (for that sensor) through the car and the sensor itself. Also, have you checked all of the fuses? The 2 most common failures I find with these systems are NOT the sensors themselves. #1 - the ABS module itself. #2 - a failed axle bearing that allows the sensor ring to strike the sensor. For giggles: the third most common ABS/TC system I see is when an Deputy decides he needs to bolt a weapon holder through the floor next to the driver's seat and damages one of the 6 wiring looms that run through there with a screw or drill.

90

on my 99 Speedometer does not work and abs light and check trac appeared?