I know there are upper and lower ball joints but is there left and right side as well or do they fit either side?

Asked by Jan 17, 2015 at 11:48 AM about the 1998 Lincoln Town Car Executive

7,330

Because of the year, i can say you are best advised to have them looked up to buy by an experienced Ford or Lincoln tech. But experience tells me the replaceable kind interchange, and the lighter weight suspension parts with whole control arm replacement required are specific left and right because of caster, camber, and sai angles and setback engineered into their shape. It makes them a direct install at the factory and requires less attention to adjust before Being sent to your dealer. When your car has basic coverage they would align it once for you. If you are trying to find the parts to order, you must compare photos to the appearance of your original to save repeat attempts. This ends the confusion even for the tech and the parts specialist.

7,330

Telling the parts person the build date and having your Vin # may be necessary when asking the dealer. Having the part numbers known can help you verify you would be getting it right to order from another vendor.