97 lincoln town car trunk latch won't open

Asked by Oct 19, 2016 at 05:02 PM about the 1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive

The motor for the trunk lid won't go down. THAT'S not thr problem. The problem is that now the latch will not open so that I can open the trunk to fix the motor. The remote and button inside the driver's door just make a click sound, and the key will not turn in the trunk lock (yes, it is the right key.)

I got it open via pushing the trunk button, turning the key and pounding my fist repeatedly on the trunk for about 20 minutes.