How to remove my dash,I have a fan noise.Paul

Asked by Mar 29, 2013 at 01:39 AM about the 1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature

I have a fan noise in my dash,how can I remove my dash?Paul

Disconnect the negative cable on the battery. Remove the eight screws holding the upper dash pad in place with a Phillips head screwdriver. Four are located along the defroster vents and two on each side of the dash pad. Remove the single screw holding the trim panel under the steering column. Pull the trim panel off the vehicle. This will reveal the electrical wire for the shift indicator. Disconnect it by squeezing the white plastic clamp. Remove the four bolts holding the steering column in place Remove the single screw going up through the steering column bracket and into the dashboard. Remove the driver's side kick panel by unfastening the two holding screws and pulling it off. Repeat this procedure with the passenger's side kick panel. Remove the two bolts at each lower corner of the dash on both sides. Remove all eight screws holding the dashboard situated below the windshield glass. Remove the dashboard from the Town Car. Carefully use your hands to work your way around the dashboard's edges, and peel it off the vehicle

But Paul, you did ask about removing the dash, but if you are wanting to fix/replace the blower fan you may not have to go through all that. Take a really good look before you tear all that apart

96,935

Yeah the blower motor is accessible in the engine compartment, should only take about 20 or 30 minutes to replace.

Only on a '94 'shoes, as Town Cars go. You are right on most cars~~~~ From Tom and Ray site~~~ In most cars Lincoln Town cars, Signature and Cartier, the blower mounts under the dashboard in a protected environment. The 1994 Lincoln Town Car differs because the blower motor mounts within the engine compartment. ~~~~~~This guy has a '96.

75

How long will the dash removal take? I need to change my heater core