My 1996 Lincoln Town Car High beam sensor light remains on, and headlights work on manual only

10

Asked by Jun 20, 2013 at 04:43 PM about the 1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive

My highbeam sensor light on the dash remains on, but the highbeams are not on.  Also the headlights were flashing for a while while on automatic and then dimmed completely.  They will work however on Manual.  What do you think is the problem?  Where would I start looking for this problem.  Also my tail light in the window is no longer working... is there a bulb that I can replace up there and how do I get to it.

Thanks for the help
Jane

LCM, lighting control module may be faulty.

10

Hello Judge: Where do I find that module?

you know I answered one similar to yours...gimme a min~

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c2639_ds547301

so rockauto.com has it for your vehicle...interesting bit of reverse- wisdom~

10

Hello judge_roy... I haven't had a chance to order the LCM... but now the security bell rings and the seat belt light flashes when I open the door and occasionally as I shut the door it continues. Just want to make sure that this may all be controlled by the LCM... so that I can go ahead and order it and have it replaced. Thanks so much for everything you do.

thanks Jane...trying to help anyways I know how...really don't want people spendin' money when all that was needed was a wirebrush to the black cable as it attaches to the frame/ground....yes bought three computers (no returns on electrical) when I was a mechanic....only to found that the ground was not providing power enough to the computer~

...in that light, assure that your battery is newer than five years old (knock off tabs on the top) and the 1/0 battery cables are free of corrosion (use your gardenhose) and wirebrushed till shiny...then bolted back together...yes use a NEW washer if you can~...this renewed ground will make you not have to buy an LCM (I predict)~