My 1995 Town Car has issues starting

Asked by Feb 15, 2014 at 12:26 AM about the 1995 Lincoln Town Car Signature

I have a situation with my 95 Town Car....It runs fine but if I make a stop on the way home from work and only have it sit for 30 minutes or less most times it will not start. I leave it and return a few hours later and it starts like it never had a problem. It has on occasion stalled as I was driving. I feel it lose power and give it gas but gas doesn't flow. I usually stay in right lane and travel only on roads with shoulder so I can pull over. It takes about 45 seconds to actually stall and I lose power steering and such.Car starts after a few tries and runs fine. Fuel pump has been changed along with relays and heat sensor but problem continues. It has been scanned several times and shows nothing.I feel like there is some sort of kill switch that engages when something gets hot. Not to say it overheats but something triggers it to shut down.I love the car and it rides like a rocking chair but one of these days it is going to happen at the wrong time and I fear it may end up with bigger troubles. All suggestions welcomed.

Have you changed out the idle air control solenoid? Clean your throttle body plate also. The IAC sit's on top of the throttle body.

No I haven't but I will try that. Thanks for your suggestion :)

I have the same dam problem did u find the problem

Michael Robbins Sr.

ihave a 95 tc. it starts almost all week then it won't fire. fuel pump is working caurs I can hear it. All fueses are fine, might be a fuel filter hell I'm buying a 300c