Buttons are worn out on climate control. They seem to be hollow and are busted out. What is easiest,, most economical way to repair? What cars can be sources for parts.

20

Asked by Jun 17, 2012 at 02:25 AM about the 1994 Lincoln Town Car Signature

1,785

Unfortunately, the easiest and the most economical ways to repair this are not the same ... The easiest would be to have a mechanic replace the climate control module but, of course this is the most expensive option. If you are mechanically inclined, you could contact your local auto salvage yard and tell them the part you are looking for ( climate control module for your exact make / model car ). They in turn will be able to provide you with the part from a compatible vehicle that you could install in your vehicle.

20

I had read online to use a labelmaker which I did. It wasnt very good and they were about to fall off when I approached the next idea. I measured the buttons 1" x 1/4" and in paint on my computer I formed the buttons. I had to do it 4" x 1" and reduce it, but I did each button then pasted them on one file. I put double stick tape on the back and covered the front with laminate paper. I cut the buttons and stuck them over the old buttons. Its not what I would like, but will do til I can find part and get it done. If it wears out, comes off I'll just do another. The white font will probably allow the backlight to come through some. Am sending photo.

20

Thanks for answering. While I am looking for the console I can also be looking for the manual door lock on the driver side. The way it is now done is alot better than before. The lights really nagged me at night. Before picture below.